What’s in YOUR frying pan? We’ve talked in the past about which oils you should be using for all your cooking needs, but a new contender has entered the ring – er, pan.
Meet Three Farmers Camelina Oil!
Let’s jump straight to it. Here are my top 5 reasons you should be using Three Farmers Camelina Oil:
1. It’s Canadian! While the Camelina seed originated in Northern Europe, it grows well on the prairies of Saskatchewan, where the Three Farmers cultivate their crops. Using sustainable agriculture practices, non-GMO seeds, and an expeller cold press process, this fully traceable oil is a product you can feel good about bringing home.
2. It has a well-balanced fatty acid ratio. With Omega 3 fatty acids making up the largest percentage of Camelina Oil, it can help contribute to lower cholesterol, blood pressure, and reduced risk of cardiovascular disease. It also has a balanced ratio of Omega 3 to Omega 6, Omega 9, and saturated fats, that allows it to have many fantastic properties. For example:
3. It has a high smoke point. At 475 degrees, Camelina Oil has a higher smoke point than even coconut oil, making it safe to use in a variety of recipes. Unlike coconut oil, Camelina Oil is in liquid form, making it easy to drizzle over a salad AND incorporate into your baked goods.
4. It has a high Vitamin E content. This allows the oil to be incredibly stable, preventing the breakdown of its essential fatty acids over its two-year shelf-life.
5. It’s delicious! This is the most important part, yes? Its light, nutty flavor makes it a perfect oil to add to any meal.
Want to know more about Three Farmers Camelina Oil? Check out their website at www.threefarmers.ca