When I was growing up, the thought of eating blue-green algae would have grossed me out. Heck, the fact that seaweed was in my toothpaste was enough to (according to the vernacular of the era) “gag me with a spoon”. But now, I’ll gladly throw back a shot of E3 Live without batting an eye.
If you’ve never tested the E3 Live waters, you’re missing out on an EXPERIENCE! The colour is brilliant, the taste is unlike anything you’ve had before, and the jolt of energy you’ll get will rival your favourite java. Oh yeah, there are some health benefits, too. But first:
What is E3 Live?
This blue-green algae goes by the official name of Aphanizomenon flos-aquae (or AFA), but that’s hard to fit on a bottle. Our friends at E3Live provide us with the organic, non-GMO, vegan goodness, and they’re the only harvesters who provide ALA in a fresh-frozen liquid form, which means more nutrients are preserved.
Which nutrients are those? I’m so glad you asked! E3Live has over 65 vitamins and minerals, amino acids, and even trace amounts of essential fatty acids.
What Is It Good For?
Practically EVERYTHING! E3 Live may help with digestion, mental health, exercise recovery, immunity, energy levels, and so much more! Studies have shown that AFA blue-green algae (like the one that makes up E3Live) can “promote optimal health in humans”. Some of the benefits studied include:
- Lower Cholesterol – it affects how your body absorbs cholesterol through the intestines
- Anti-inflammatory – reduces the production of proinflammatory substances
- Prevents cardiovascular disease – scavenges free radicals and protects against oxidative stress
How do I use it?
Our friends at E3Live recommend taking at least a Tbsp per day. It’s usually best, when starting a new supplement, to start small and work your way up.
Because E3Live is frozen, you have a few options for taking it – all of which involve thawing.
- You can thaw it one serving at a time by placing the frozen bottle in a bowl of cold water
- You can thaw the whole bottle, transfer to ice cube trays, and thaw one cube at a time
- If you’re sharing a bottle between a few people, you can keep the whole bottle in the fridge. It lasts in the refrigerator for 7-10 days
Do it as a shot, mix it in a smoothie, a juice, whatever you want! Just keep it cool – the nutrients start to degrade when heated.
What’s your favourite way to add a little E3 Live to your life? Tell us in the comments!
About The Author:
Kelly Boaz, CNP
Kelly is a holistic nutritionist, specializing in eating disorder recovery and food freedom. She is also a public speaker (TEDx King St. West, TDSB) and a writer. Learn more about Kelly, and about booking private consultations at kellyboaz.com Twitter: @kelly_boaz Facebook: /KellyBoazDotCom